This will be a pretty basic post my TBR (to be read) for Janurary! Hopefully with my plan to read one novel a week I can get this done!
1. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- I'm really excited to read this book! I'm already on page 200 something! It's so amazing and I love Baz and Simon already! If you don't know what it is it's the main character from Rowell's other novel Fangirl fanfiction. But it's so much more then that. You can read it as a stand alone as well. It's a kickass fantasy read with gay love! What more could you want?
2. The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa
- I cannot believe that this book is out and that I haven't read it yet. After reading it's precessor, the Iron Traitor, way back in summer of 2013 I needed the next book. At that time there was no news on the book. No title, no blurb, no release date. And then, magically early in 2014. Everything appeared on goodreads. I have been waiting long and hard for this book and maybe it's taken me so long to finish because I don't want to say goodbye to the lovely characters of the Iron Fey.
3. Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
- This series holds a special place in my heart. I believe that I was one of the first fans of this series, buying the book way back when the very first one was just released. Then no one knew of the series and there was no fanbase. Now, everyone is reading these books and they deserve the love. Morgan Rhodes writes an amazing fantasy series! With the fourth book already out I decided it was time to pick this beautiful copy off my shelf and read it.
4. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- I read the first book of this series, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, a few months back and I didn't immediately go to this one because I had new releases coming out (namely Magnus Chase and Carry On). I cannot wait to get to this novel. The last book left me wanting to read this so badly. Laini Taylor is an amazing writer of high fantasy and if you haven't picked up this series yet I suggest that you do.
5. The Earl and the Fairy Vol. 03 by Ayuko and Mizue Tani
- I started reading this manga series in the summer of 2014 when Barnes and Noble was having a buy 2 get one free manga sale. The first book was one I picked up. I loved the first one so much so I knew I had to buy the second one. And then, as I loved that one as well I bought the third. It's only a four book series so I'm pacing myself a bit. I don't want to miss it too much.
So that's pretty much my TBR. It doesn't seem like that much but a couple of the books are really long. Wish me luck on completing this TBR!