Just a bibliophile's blog about books!
Hello fellow bibliophiles! Today I bring to you another book review! This time it's My True Love Gave to Me but a wonderful list of amazing authors and edited my the wonderful Stephanie Perkins :D
So to start...I gave this book a 4.5 stars review. I got the average of all the reviews I gave each of the stories and that is what I got. I'm going to be review each story by itself and I'll tell you what review I gave each. Without further ado...here we go!
"Mightnights" by Rainbow Rowell:
-I'm a bit disappointed in myself to say but this is the first work of Rainbow Rowell's that I've read. I can never find Fangirl or Eleanor and Park and if I do they're super expensive :/
-Anyway... I LOVED this read! I've decided to give it at 5/5 stars. It was so great and in 22 pages I feel as if I really knew the main character, Mags and already shipped her with Noel from the New Years Eve in 2011. I loved how the story was set up and we got to see how Mags and Noel grew over the years. It was just so amazing and I totally wouldn't mind if it was a book of it's own. I would seriously pre-order it as soon as it became available.
"The Lady and the Fox" by Kelly Link:
-This story....this story is actually my least favorite story of the book. I felt as if it was a real down-grade from "Midnights." I've given this story a 3/5 star review, and that is being generous.
-First of all it was confusing. I didn't really understand the fox in the cloth or the guy and why he could only come out in the snow or who that lady was. I wasn't really too sure what was going on half the time. Yes, the ship was sorta cute (when I wasn't utterly confused) but...yeah... I'm sure most of you felt the same.
"Angels in the Snow" by Matt De La Pena:
-Don't get me wrong, I LOVED this story. It was amazing and cute and wonderful...but it just wasn't as great as "Midnights," which I set my standard at. So, I gave this story a 4/5 stars.
-Shy and Haley were sooooo cute. My feels were on overdrive when they kissed it was so feel worthy <3. I wish the story was kind of longer so we could see them actually get together. I mean, I know, that had it continued that they would <3
"Polaris is Where You'll Find Me" by Jenny Han:
-My god, the ship in this story. Natty (Natalie) and Flynn were sooo cute. But then...the story was really short. It was only like 13 pages. I feel as if it ended incomplete. It would have been far better if it was longer. Like if Natty went and found Lars after she got his address or maybe if she had never gotten the address and her and Flynn ended up together..I don't know.
-I'm giving this story a 4/5 stars review, and that really generous.
"It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown" by Stephanie Perkins
-OMFG THIS STORY!!! This story is my favorite one of the entire book. I love, love, love it so needless to say I gave it a 5/5 stars.
-North and Marigold are so adorable and I was dying of feels the entire story waiting for them to kiss or something. I just love them so much! 32 pages was not enough. I NEED A NOVEL. I WANT A NOVEL WITH THESE TWO. OMG I WOULD DIE.
-I could fangirl on and on and on about these two, but let's get to the next story.
"Your Temporary Santa" by David Levithan
-I love that this story has a gay couple. It was a nice refresher for the girl/guy couples of the entire book. This book wouldn't be complete without including at least one gay couple.
-I gave this story a 4/5 stars. Once again, it was cute but not as cute as "Midnights." I wish it was longer, with more interaction between Conner and the main character. I also wanted to know more about Lana and the mom and what exactly happened in the family and stuff. Anyway, it was cute.
"Krampuslauf" by Holly Black
-Alright...this story. This is the only other story that I gave a 3/5 star review for. It was just..ugh..let me explain.
-It was cute and yeah but it was soooo confusing. I didn't really understand the Krampuslauf so that's what made it confusing and then I felt as if it was a little rushed and some things could have been expanded on a little more.
"What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth?" by Gayle Foreman
- Well...this story. I enjoyed it tremendously. It was cute and funny and I loved the ship. Russell and Sophie were so cute. And I gave it a 4.5/5 stars. I don't relaly know what else to say about this story XD
"Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus" by Myra McEntire
- This story was so amazing! I loved it! 5/5 stars!
- I love the troublesome type, so, of course, I would love Vaughn. I mean, as we are all fangirls/fanboys, how can we not love the troublesome type?
-Anyhow I loved the ship in this story too (wow, I feel as if I keep saying that XD). Gracie and Vaughn were adorable and I shipped them from the start. I'm so glad that she kissed him at the end <3
"Welcome to Christmas, CA" by Kiersten White
- This. Story. Oh. My. God. I loved this story! It was so amazing! It's in my top three and I can't decide if I like it more than "Midnights" or not! 5/5 stars!
- Ben and Maria are so cute together! I shipped them from the beginning when she said he looked young XD I love how the entire time Maria kept trying to figure out what Ben was short for! I loved Maria as a character. She misunderstood her mother and Rick, yes, but she was such a great friend to Candy! And the ship..wow I'm back to that...but...<3
-I would love a story with these two also! It would be so amazing!
"Star of Bethlehem" by Ally Carter
- This story was really cute! I really felt like Lydia was a great character, I mean she gave her plane ticket up to a complete stranger and went along with this entire other life. It was great. Oh and 5/5 stars!
- I loved Ethan and Lydia, they were so cute! I really liked how understanding Ethan was to Lydia's situation. It was great. And then at the end the family wanted to adopt her <3 so great.
-I wish there was more. Like I would really read a novel with this story! I want to know more about the custody battle for Lydia and how Ethan and her love story go! <3
"The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer" by Laini Taylor
- The last story of the book....was so amazing! 5/5 stars!
- Once again, I sorry to say this is the only thing by Laini Taylor that I have read. I've meant to get around to Daughter of Smoke and Bone but just haven't yet.
- This story was a little confusing of course and VERY descriptive but I think that's Laini Taylor's style. It was still really cute and amazing and I loved the fantasy of it even though I wasn't exactly sure what was going on half the time XD
And there you have it! My review of My True Love Gave to Me! It was great and wonderful and filled with so many ships. I recommend this book to ANYONE AND EVERYONE! I can't wait to reread this book next year!