Raven Reads: Rebecca's Book Blog!

Just a bibliophile's blog about books!

The Jingle Bell Booktag

White scouring the net I found this fun booktag! Time to get into the festive mood~

“All I Want For Christmas Is You…” | What book do you want to see under the Christmas Tree?

Well...maybe this is a bibliophile sin but I'm not actually asking for any books for Christmas. While I love my family, they're a bit clueless as to the books I like (my grandpa got me a gossip girl graphic novel when I asked for the maximum manga once). So right now I'm just hoping for a Barnes and Nobel or Target giftcard so I can go buy the books I want :)

“Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time…” | What book that you have read this year have you enjoyed the most?

Can I go wrong with saying Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? As this was required reading for my English class I was finally able to pick up this read this year and I can say without a doubt it was probably one of my favorites books of all time. It's just a classic and don't even get me started on Darcy and Elizabeth.

“It’s Beginning to look a lot like Christmas…” | Which book has the most festive look to it?

The most festive book on my shelves is probably My True Love Gave to Me which is a collection of holiday stories edited my Stephanie Perkins. I think its actually the only book on my shelf that looks like a Christmas book.

Elf | What book unleashes your inner child?

Warriors by Erin Hunter. Whenever I think about this series I remember reading it years ago in middle school for the first time. I haven't picked up a Warriors book in forever (although I mean to because some amazing new books have been released) but I still stare at their beautiful covers on my shelf.

The Grinch | Your favorite villain

Sebastian from the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I'm not exactly sure when I fell so much in love with him, but over the years it is a thing that has happened. To be honest I want to reread the series with my newfound love for him. (Fun Fact: In my fanfiction series Sebastian isn't evil and its very fun to write him as a good guy).

The Holiday | Name your favorite TWO couples

How could I ever just pick my two favorite couples? All my ships are my favorite ships. But, for the sake of this tag, I will have to pick two. The first is probably the easiest and my OTPs of OTPs, Jace and Clary from the Mortal Instruments. My second favorite ship, today anyway, would probably have to be Percy and Annabeth from Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.

What book would you like to give as a present to your followers?

*rubs hands together* What book shall I give you to kill your feels and send you away in a fanbulance? I could give you the No Ordinary Star series by M.C Frank, or Emotions by Arnie Cantatero, or A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Or how about you all just read all three of them?